CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

So the cleanse was a bad idea....

In my last post I mentioned that I started a cleanse. Whole body cleanse to be exact. A few friendly bloggers inquired about the cleanse and so I will give ya'll all the gorry details.

The cleanse is supposed to make you pass (poop out) all of the toxons that are supposedly hanging out in your gut. You may eat, but no pork, no red meat, no whole grains, no dairy, no caffeine, no alcohol, no juice, etc. Pretty much celery and water-maybe a few scoops of hummus on a carrot if you're feeling frisky. I will freely admit that I am addicted to diet Pepsi, probably indulge in a few more daily cocktails than recommended by the American Heart Assoc., and single handedly eat enough cheese in one day to clog up the whole family for a week, however I vowed to nix these habits for two weeks to purge myself of these heinous toxins and jumpstart some serious weightloss.

That was a mistake. The only results this cleanse produced was a BAD case of constipation, which required 3 doses of Miralax and 2 servings of oatmeal to solve.

So in a nut shell, don't bother. I am now coming to the realization that it's all a numbers game, burn more calories than you eat on a daily basis and the pounds will come off. But then, we all knew that didn't we?

5 thoughts:

Jaina said...

That doesn't sound good. Try just drinking some pomegranate juice each morning. That's supposed to help clear you out fairly decently. There are detoxifying foods that you can eat. But the eat less, move more is the tried and true way to go. You can do it!

Mom of Three said...

I know I know but still I search for a miracle....

Anonymous said...

Mom and I are joining Curves together in 4 weeks when I am 6 weeks post-partum...We can only handle 30 minutes at a time 3 days a week...haha! Needing to lose this baby weight!

Jennifer said...

I love this post...lol...yes we all know about burning more calories than we consume..yadayada...but we do all still look for a miracle. If I could afford a tummy tuck and so lipo on my legs I would do it and just be done with it!

Jennifer said...

um..some not so