CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm getting slack

This week has been wild, or at least as wild as things can get for a pregnant lady. That's my excuse for being to lazy to blog.

Big Daddy had his right hip replaced last Tuesday at the place of my employment, and spent 3 days recuperating before being dicharged on Friday morning. He has a physical therapist coming out to the house every other day and is doing very well. I worked Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and then got pulled into some OT on Friday. The Bebe and her latest squeeze came for a much needed visit on Friday night so that they could surprise Big Daddy. That really made his weekend, well that and the massive cupcake Bebe took him from our fav cupcake store, Cupcake. JT and I were both off yesterday, and we spent the AM doing yard work and the PM doing boat stuff. The weather is warming up so we purchased a 145 qt marine cooler to go under the helm seat for more cold food storage on hot summer days. No one likes warm pimento cheese.

The temps in Charleston have been mid 70's in the past week and are supposed to remain there for the next 7 days. I love this weather! Everything is blooming-azaleas, dogwoods, my Lady Banks rose! It's heaven. I'd like to be even more selfish and now ask God to crank it up to the 80's so that I can lay out in complete comfort. Mid 70's is just a little too cold to lay out and I am banned from the tanning bed until October.

Yesterday during our yardwork session I spent some time thinking about baby stuff and have come to the conclusion that I need to start working as much OT as I possibly can for the rest of my life in order to afford LBT. The public schools in Charleston are known for being so so(academically and socially), homeschooling is NOT an option for us, and oh shit, it looks like we're going to have to send LBT to private school. So it looks like I'll be living at the hospital and typing my posts from there in order to afford Port Gaud/First Baptist/Ashley Hall or spend the next 18 years trying to supplement whatever the Charleston County School district does with my child.

On the bright side, today is my beauty day which entails highlights and haircut, mani/pedi, and new products! Happy Monday ya'll.

5 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Now...Come on Katie. My kids go to Stiles Point and it is a FANTASTIC school. No different from my schooling, and I went private/Catholic my whole school career.

Katie said...

I agree with you about Stiles, and Harbor View Elementary has a good reputation as well, but check out the report cards for all the middle and high schools on the island. They are simply not up to par. http://ed.sc.gov/topics

Jaina said...

You definitely have reason not to be blogging, no worries! I hope you have a great week!

Scoot said...

145 qt cooler for food...hahaha! That's too funny, if I know JT and friends there will be more liquid than solids in there. Not for you, mama, lady, for a while! I'm still very excited for y'all! Although I don't have anything inspirational about having a baby to add to the discussion, I do have a new addition to the Jeep family, and I know how you fell about your Jeeps, I'm now the proud owner of a Commander. I'd love to take you for a spin next time I'm down there. Hope all is well tell everyone hey and give Sumter a big old scratch on the belly for me!

Nicola said...

Don't forget about Mason Prep!! It's on our list when the time comes! Plus, I'm partial to it anyway :)