CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Savannah recap


We went to Savannah on Wednesday night and it was surprisingly better than I thought. We stayed at the new Holiday Inn Express on Bay St. for $109 (what what!) and met up with a friend for dinner and drinks before the boards.


So the boards were a lot harder than I expected. You can have a minimum of 75 questions and a max of 260. The exam shuts off when it has determined that you have reached the minimum level of competency or that you are completely incompetent. My exam was 75 questions and I honestly knew the answer to 6 of them. The other 69 were educated guesses. Sweet.

While we were in Savannah we stopped by Paula Dean's restaurant "Lady and Sons" for lunch.


Quite frankly friends, I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, I admire Ms. Dean for her business accumen and stage presence, but my grandmother puts together a better meal than that on a few hours notice, and possibly at Mama Brown's BBQ in Mt. Pleasant. Anyways, JT and I both had the buffett which was $14.99 and included a beverage, salad, all you can eat buffett (collards, mac n cheese, fried chicken, baked chicken, butter beans, swiss steak(?) friend okra, etc) a yummy ho cake, a garlic cheese biscuit, and your choice of three desserts. That's a freaking deal, but I don't understand what the big deal about Paula Dean's restaurant. You have to go by there at 9:30am to get a reservation, and there are all these overweight women with lots of makeup and bad hair just waiting impatiently to put their name on the list. It's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen, but hey-one more thing off my list to do before I die.


Savannah was alot of fun, but I'm just glad I passed the boards.

2 thoughts:

IB said...

Congrats on passing!

Jaina said...

Congrats on passing!!! That is SOOOO awesome!!! :)