CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Random Things About Me-thanks Ellen S.

1. I come from a large, mixed up, dysfunctional family. Just ask my little sister or one of the cousins. The silver lining to the dysfunction is that I can find humor in anything-so much so that had a nursing instructor tell me that I use humor as a defense mechanism. (She meant that as a bad thing?)

2. I am a Jeep fanatic, and am on number 4 since Uncle Beaver taught me to drive stickshift. I don't go muddin or anything, but I like the freedom of not having to use doors and tops when the weather is suitable. The current ride is a white four door Wrangler and will be put away in the garage for the next generation of Torrance kids when the electric 4 door Wranglers come out in 2010.

3. I met my husband at the Crab House on Wappoo Cut when a dear friend of mine introduced us during happy hour. I was dating someone at the time, and I phoned The Weenie a few minutes after meeting JT to ask him not ever to call me again. I often refer to the bar at the Crab House as "the scene of the crime".

4. My maternal grandmother is my favorite person ever. She is patient (kindergarten teacher), kind, funny as hell (but in a nice way), makes food so good you'll wanna slap your mama, has exquisite taste, and loves all of us unconditionally. She won't say it out loud, but I am most definitely her favorite grand. Did I mention that I love her?

5. In case you aren't already aware, I am in love with a Springer Spaniel. Sumter D will be 6 in April, and I actually had to fight a custody battle (with ex-boyfriend mentioned above) to keep the ole girl. Shortly after ditching The Weenie for JT, a letter arrived in my mailbox from Bluestein & Bluestein requesting mediation at $500/hr. After a major meltdown I called JT, who in turn called an attorney friend of his, who called Bluestein & Bluestein to tell them that "You know that this is a dog we are talking about, RIGHT?" and when that didn't fly, "Possession is 9/10 of the law. My client is in possession, and will see you in court." It cost me his next few bar tabs, but I think she's worth every bit of it.

6. I am a pretty tough chic, but I cannot bare to hear my siblings cry. When they cry, I cry-guaranteed.

7. Unfortunately, I did not get along with my brother's first wife and therefore missed out on some quality time with him. I regret that tremendously and when she passed away I vowed to be fast friends with my siblings' future love interests, no matter what. I got lucky because bless her heart, Big Brother's new ladyfriend is lovely and she doesn't mind me buddying up to her one bit.

8. I swim every chance I get. We're talking in the creek, at the beach, in the pool, a mud puddle, wherever! I was made for the water.

9. I have severe anxiety. Like can't drive myself over the Ravenel Bridge for fear of a massive panic attack anxiety, but I am learning to deal with it because I refuse to medicate.

10. My childhood BFF is named Ellen Face. Except she was and still is very attractive, so I called her Monkey Face. She's one of those people who, no matter how long it's been since the last phone call, can talk forever and it's all relevant. Not because we have a shared history and know most of the same people, but because we love each other.

2 thoughts:

Hollie said...

I try to find humor is most situations, too! (Even when it might be considered a little inappropriate. hahahaa)

Barefoot in the Park said...

i love love love swimming, even if its in the "pluff mud!"