CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Doggie Salon




I don't have any two legged children, but I have Sumter D. She is my very sweet, very spoiled, high spirited Springer Spaniel. I picked up Sumter when she was 5 weeks old and never put her down. She worked with me at City Marina, she exercises with me, she sleeps under my bed at night, she has an endless supply of kisses- in short, she is my best buddy. Even though Mummy (one of Sumter D's many nicknames) is not a real child, I still want her to behave well and use her manners, so that others will enjoy her company as well, as I imagine most parents would like for their kids.




Well, the groomer made my day today. When JT called for an appointment, he gave the man Sumter's name and started to give our last name when the man interrupted him and said, "I don't need your name. I know Sumter D, she's my girl." Maybe he says that to everyone, I don't know. But I do know that it melted my heart like butter and Homeslice got a $20 tip.






4 thoughts:

IB said...

What a beauty!

And the dog's good lookin' too! ;)

Mom of Three said...

Cute pup!

Well I Do Declare said...

I LOVE Springers! Such beautiful dogs, especially Sumter!

Lisa said...

Thanks for commenting on my post with the superbowl recipe so I could stop by and check out your blog - the pup is PRECIOUS, by the way! Looking forward to reading the updates along the way :-)

~Lisa